Home renovations can be a great way to improve the value and comfort of your home. However, they can also be disruptive and time-consuming. One way to make a renovation go more smoothly is to use a self storage facility.
Tips on Using Personal Self Storage Guildford
Choose the Right Self Storage Facility
When choosing a self storage facility, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Location – choose a facility that is convenient for you to access.
- Security – make sure the facility has good security measures in place, such as CCTV cameras and gated access.
- Unit size – choose a unit that is large enough to store all of your belongings.
- Climate control – if you are storing items that are sensitive to temperature or humidity, choose a facility with climate-controlled units.
Pack Your Belongings Carefully
When packing your belongings for self storage Guildford, it is important to pack them carefully to prevent damage. Here are some tips:
- Use sturdy boxes and packing materials.
- Label all boxes clearly with the contents and the room where they belong.
- Pack fragile items carefully and use packing peanuts or bubble wrap for added protection.
- Disassemble furniture and wrap it in blankets or moving pads.
- Store appliances and electronics upright and secure them in place.
Load Your Belongings into the Storage Unit
When loading your belongings into the storage unit, try to load them in a way that maximises the space and makes it easy to access what you need. Here are some tips:
- Stack boxes neatly and securely.
- Place heavy items on the bottom and lighter items on top.
- Leave a walkway in the middle of the unit so that you can easily access your belongings.
- If you are storing furniture, disassemble it and store it flat against the walls.
Secure the Storage Unit
Once you have loaded your belongings into the storage unit, be sure to secure it properly. This includes locking the door and setting the alarm, if applicable. Also, enquire with the self storage facility about their security measures. You must ask for CCTV cameras, gated access, and other security features to be in place to protect your belongings.
Some Additional Tips for Using Self Storage Guildford
- Create a list of what you are storing, which will help you to keep track of your belongings and make it easier to find what you need when you need it.
- Take photos of your belongings before you store them to provide documentation in case anything is damaged or lost.
- Visit your storage unit regularly, as it is a good way to check on your belongings and make sure that they are in good condition.
- Purchase insurance; self storage facilities typically provide insurance, but it is a good idea to purchase your own insurance to protect your belongings.
- Consider using a portable self storage container which can be a convenient option if you have a lot of belongings to store or if you need to store them for a short period of time.
Self Storage Guildford with Multi-Store
Our self-storage depot in Guildford is a secure and affordable facility. Our storage units are available in a variety of sizes and are absolutely clean, well-maintained, and secure. Get in contact with us concerning your home renovation storage needs and we will be happy to help!